Kawartha Premium Alcohols
Kawartha Ethanol Inc. is a state-of-the-art Ethanol Production facility located in Havelock, Ontario. We currently have the opportunity for the following position:
Kawartha Ethanol is a 24 hour, 365 day/yr. operation. This is currently a Monday to Friday position, but may transition to shift. The shipping operator is responsible for ensuring that products are shipped in a safe, efficient manner and that products are within specifications.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Safely & efficiently monitor the operation of equipment using a combination of computer displays, meters, gauges and recording devices
- Operate all equipment necessary for the loading of alcohol
- Direct drivers to position vehicles for efficient loading and unloading
- Ensure alcohol is loaded to correct procedures without contamination
- Sample and test alcohol using specialized equipment and procedures
- Unload denaturants and other chemicals
- Record data, actions, incidents, instructions, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitization of process areas, lab and control rooms
- Actively participate in continuous process improvement opportunities
- Follow all plant policies & procedures
- Complete detailed root cause/corrective action reports
Preference will be given to candidate’s who have accomplished any of the following:
- Previous experience in a chemical plant or similar production facility.
- Good knowledge of Environmental and Health & Safety regulatory and legal requirements.
Skills listed below would be an asset:
- Competent in reading & understanding policies, documents & drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Eager to learn
- A hands-on individual who enjoys working in a dynamic plant environment
- Self starter, action oriented
- Good troubleshooting skills and a natural attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
KEI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.